One of my favorite bloggers did an “A Day in the Life” post and it inspired me to do one! The problem is, that every day is so enormously different around here that it is kind of hard to give an outlined idea of it with a timeline, bulletines and such… Although, I guess that isn’t such a bad thing because then I will have something new every time I write to you! With that being said this is: “A Thursday in the Life.”
12: 30 pm (ish) – Woke up, got dressed for the day, washed my face, brushed my teeth and joined the rest of the living in the dining room where everyone was sitting at the table doing their school.
Isaiah 60: 1 NKJV
“Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.”
ATTENTION: I have already realized that if I were to keep with the time thing: one, I’d have to start paying attention to the time I do things throughout the day (so maybe next time) and two, on days like today there would be a lot of back and forth every five minutes so I’ll spare you of that and switch to bulletines for now!
- I grabbed my bedding, threw it in the wash and headed to the kitchen to unload the dishwashers (we have two).
- There was only one to unload today and a part of Jonny and Olly’s new “duty list” is that they unload the plastics and silverware (excluding the knives) and put them away so I only had the glass and knives to do today. (Siblings are truly a blessing!)
(The number of duties they have coincides with their age. *B.A.S.I.C. B-bible A-academics S-service I-instrument C-cash.)
- After that I did my reading for the day. I read one chapter in the Old Testament and one in the New Testament (I am currently in Deuteronomy and 1 Peter).
- Then I started on the laundry. I made sure that the two other hampers were emptied before I started the task. (The emptied baskets are being added to as we speak I know… but, I like to at least try and get most of it done at once. With thirteen people it’s near impossible…)
- When I was done reading the most important (and honestly my favorite) Book I switched over and got “caught up” on some of the blog posts I had been missing. *Here are a few I loved.
- Kasey and daddy came home from Kasey’s “audition” for becoming an auctioneer and they brought coffee home with them!
(Mattie wrote on my cup! Cup writing is a thing around here…)
- I laid Sophie down for her nap and then I headed out to the guest house to finish up the laundry and bed making from our last guests to make sure it is ready for our guest tomorrow. I later learned that it was during this time that Mama took Sully to his first jiu jitsu class. He was smiling when he got home and he seemed to have loved it!
- I spent the rest of the evening alternating between helping Jonny and Olly with their school (they asked to do more) and the switching and folding of loads laundry. (Let today go down in history as one of the firsts to have the laundry washed and mostly put away in a single day! I knew today would be a good one for this kind of post…)
- Once school and laundry were tucked out of the way and buttoned up (with only a stack, or two, of clothes left to put away) me and Mama headed to a work out class (which usually occur Mon. Wed. and Fri. but one landed on a Thur. this week).
(The view on the way to class.)
- One of the ladies from fellowship met us there for her first class (at the same place Sully took his class earlier in the day) and she did amazing!
- Then we headed back home and I headed straight to the shower, after a slight delay of Kasey brushing five sets of little teeth (which you can see a clip of here) and two little ones being taken potty…
- It is currently 10: 50pm the younger guys are tucked in and as we speak Mama is tying my hair back into two French braids for me and cooking some grub. She is the best!
- We received a package from JellyTelly and one of the things inside of the box was a “What’s in the Bible” poster autographed by Phil Vischer (the creator of Veggie Tales and What’s in the Bible)!
- We are at 12: 11am – A family friend stopped by and while Michael is working on his car our guest is playing the piano in the living room providing lovely background music while we eat dinner.
- After he left and everyone else was in bed Mama, Michael, Kasey and I watched an episode of Mark Fairley’s newest Youtube series “The War on Truth” which we try to do every night when we aren’t watching a longer sermon.
- The rest of the night looked a lot like eating some “ice cream” while watching an episode of a show with the “big guys,” and then doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen before washing my face, brushing my teeth, rolling into bed around 3am, praying and falling asleep.
I hope that you have enjoyed this week’s post! Let me know what you think and if you are interested in more like it. Thank you!
What do your Thursday’s typically look like?
Until next time; I pray your day, every day, is blessed.