Hello! Thank you for joining me! Today I’m bringing you a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. (Hint: You can also find it on the back of a certain chocolate chip bag… I asked daddy what his favorite cookies were and these were in the top two so here we are.)
I am not a big fan of recipe posts that take ten years to just get the ingredients list so without further ado… here. we. go!
- 2 1/4 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of butter
- 3/4 of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of (your preffered) chocolate chips
- 1 cup of walnuts (cut to your desired size)
Aaaaaand this is what you do:
- Cream together your butter and sugar
- Mix in the eggs
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl
- Fold into wet mixture in three parts
- Add your toppings (I halved the walnuts and only added them to half of the dough. Per daddy’s request.)
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 10-15min. (This makes it easier to roll… I forgot mine in the freezer sooo it was a little tough; but, still good!)
- Roll into whatever size ball you want your cookie to be
- Bake at 375° for 15(ish) min./until golden brown
I hope that you like this post and your yummy, warm, fresh cookies!
Until next time; pray your day, every day, is blessed.