I’m back! I told you on Wednesday that I would share the mini Carmel apple pie recipe with you, so here I am!
I got this recipe from the only vlogger I watch, besides my brother, and it was really simple and fun to make!
…It could have something to do with me having an awesome baking buddy… so, make sure you grab one of those! Make a memory while you make a treat.
- First! For the crust I just used pre-made dough… you can be fancy if you have more time and make your own if you want!
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp. (unbleached) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon (…I didn’t measure I just added until I like the smell and look…)
- 1/8 tsp. of salt (…again didn’t measure that, just a a dash of salt)
- A splash of vanilla extract
- I used, I think, 5 chopped green apples (and that made 24 mini pies with a lot of filling left over)
- 1/2 a cup of chopped pecans (I candied mine first… it’s all about the levels!)
**Ingredients: Crumble Topping
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of (unbleached) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of raw oats
- 1/2 cup of butter (one stick) straight from the fridge (do not set it out on the counter first… I made that mistake… Thankfully, before I used it I noticed that in the gooey state it wouldnt do what I wanted it to.)
- Mix (using your hands works best)
You just want to mix until it reaches a clumpy… stick texture and everything is evenly spread out within your mixture.
- Grab your muffin pan and cut your crust dough to the appropriate size for your pan. (I just did it to where the crust touched the bottom and had a little bit on the sides.)
- Add your filling.
- Add your crumble topping.
- Bake at 375° for roughly 20min. (Depending on the dough you use, etc. this can vary just keep an eye and when your crust is golden and everything smells and look beautiful take them out!)
- Here it comes!
- As they were cooling is when I added the carmel drizzle.
The still hot pan caused the Carmel to crisp up a little (yuuuummyyyy) and the heat made drizzling so much easier.
After that you just wait for them to cool a little more (add a scoop of vanilla ice cream) and you’re good to go!
I would like to point out I made a little on the side with no flour at all for Mama and she loved it! There was no crust (we didny have any extra gluten free ones on hand) so she used it as a topping for ice cream!
You can also use vegan butter instead of butter… butter and a dairy free crust and boom it’s dairy free too.
I hope you like these pies! Please let me know what changes you make and how they turn out!
Until next time; I pray your day, every day, is blessed.